Shop the sale online now here and at all RUBY stores x
Our Liam Jeanne-Claude Skirt, from our Liam spring/summer 2014 collection, looks beautiful on the cover of the latest issue of Fashion Quarterly Occasions! In store Friday 25th of July along with the first arrivals from Liam spring/summer x
Have you spotted The Caker's lovely new K'Road store yet? This beautiful spot serves as a event space for special occasions and workshops. It is also set to open every Friday very soon serving cakes to The Caker's loyal fans - we can't wait!
To help get us through this dreary Wednesday, Jordan has shared with us her delicious shortbread recipe for you to try out at home....
SHORTBREAD WITH APRICOTS, PINENUTS AND ROSEMARY
You will need:
• 230 grams butter, softened
• 2/3 cup unrefined golden caster sugar
• 2 cups of white flour
• A generous pinch of sea salt
• 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted and loosely chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• 20 dried apricots, cut into thin strips
• Demerara sugar to sprinkle on top
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt in two lots, followed by the pinenuts, apricots and rosemary and mix until the dough goes just past the crumbly stage, and begins to clump together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface. Knead the dough lightly to bring it together, then form it into a ball and flatten into a disk one inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into fingers, and place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with some Demerara sugar.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or unitl the cookies are beginning to go golden.
Makes 20 small cookies.
We can't wait to make a batch of these! x
Images by Harriet Were