We were lucky enough to work with the wonderful Kiekie Stanners, Senior Makeup Artist at M.A.C Cosmetics, on our RUBY La Collezione, Pre-Fall 17 campaign shoot.
La Collezione's rich and sensual aesthetic was offset by a bronzed and glowing beauty look, fit for an Italian princess.
Kiekie shares with us a step-by-step guide to creating our La Collezione beauty look at home:
1) Prep the skin with Peachlite Strobe Cream before applying foundation to give a peach-filtered radiance to the skin
2) Even out skin tone by applying Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation, and blending with a #170 Rounded Slant Brush
3) Sun-kiss the skin by brushing Bronze Cream Colour Base over the cheeks and on the temples with a #159 Duo Fibre Brush for an Italian-tan effect
4) Press Keep It Loose Casual Colour into the apples of the cheeks for a creamy peach flush
5) Highlight the high areas of the face with Improper Copper Cream Colour Base – on the cheekbones, over the bridge of the nose, and on the cupids bow
6) Create perfect 90’s full brows, by filling with Brunette Brow Duo shadows and a #212 Flat Definer Brush then setting in place with Bold Brunette Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set
7) Highlight eyes with a wash of Bamboom Paint Tube over the eye lid, with Melon Pigment pressed over the top.
8) Contour the outer corners of the eyes with a selection of warm browns from the Eye Shadow x 15: Warm Neutral palette and a #217 Blending Brush.
9) Sweep Instacurl Mascara through lashes to finish
10 ) Apply Shy Girl Lipstick for a pastel-peach lip
11) Use Peachlite Strobe Cream over the legs and shoulders for a bronzed glow that softly shimmers in natural light
Thanks Kiekie x
Off-duty ballerina was the inspiration behind the beauty look for our Tonight, Tonight NZ Fashion Week show.
The incredibly talented team from M.A.C Cosmetics, directed by Samantha Holley, created a beautiful feminine, fresh face look that resembled a dancer post-practice; she has wiped off her makeup to reveal her dewy, glowing skin and applied her favourite lippy before heading out with friends.
For the hair, ghd guest artists Sara Allsop and Michael Beel worked their magic to create a 70's inspired look, like our RUBY girl has just let out her bun, and tousled her hair back to its natural state.
With a slight wave in the hair and a full fringe, it really was the perfect off-duty ballerina look.
Create our beauty look at home:
- Ensure your skin is well hydrated and apply M.A.C Prep + Prime Essential Oils and Strobe Cream. This will create an illuminating base.
- Lightly apply M.A.C. Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation and Studio Finish Concealer under your eyes.
- Bronze your face using M.A.C Golden Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm to give a golden glow.
- Finally, for the perfect finish, highlight cheeks using Bamboo Cream Colour Base applied with Pearl Cream Colour Base.
- Blend Vintage Selection Pro Longwear Paint Pot buffed golden cream onto your eyelids and then apply the slightly darker Bamboo Cream Colour Base into the crease and outer corners of your eye.
- Using All that Glitters Eye Shadow, lightly press it on to your lids to finish.
- Condition lips before applying M.A.C. Up the Amp Lipstick mixed with White Lipmix creating a feminine pastel lavender.
- Apply your ghd root lift spray to towel dried hair and ghd heat protect spray through mid-lengths and ends.
- Create a centre in your parting using a ghd tail comb and, if applicable, pull your bangs forward.
- Blow dry your hair using ghd air professional hairdryer and a ghd natural bristle radial brush.
- Once your hair is completely dry, spritz mid-lengths and ends with your ghd curl hold spray.
- Divide your hair into 6 small sections and braid each section.
- Using your ghd platinum, slowly apply heat all over each braid from top to bottom.
- Once your hair has cooled, undo your braids, shaking them out to reveal your loosely tousled hair.
- Finally loosen your curls with a ghd oval dressing brush.
- Finish with a spray of ghd final fix hairspray.
Thanks for your beautiful work M.A.C & ghd. You're the best! x
We can't get enough of M.A.C Cosmetics' newest collection, Indulge.
With lip colours that look like our favourite sweet delicacies and deep satin eyeshadows that we can party the night away in, there is definitely plenty of beautiful products to indulge in!
Launching into all M.A.C New Zealand stores on Monday September 2nd, we'll be popping in to pick up our favourite from the collection - the deep plum 'Sweet Succulence' lipstick.