Off-duty ballerina was the inspiration behind the beauty look for our Tonight, Tonight NZ Fashion Week show.
The incredibly talented team from M.A.C Cosmetics, directed by Samantha Holley, created a beautiful feminine, fresh face look that resembled a dancer post-practice; she has wiped off her makeup to reveal her dewy, glowing skin and applied her favourite lippy before heading out with friends.
For the hair, ghd guest artists Sara Allsop and Michael Beel worked their magic to create a 70's inspired look, like our RUBY girl has just let out her bun, and tousled her hair back to its natural state.
With a slight wave in the hair and a full fringe, it really was the perfect off-duty ballerina look.
Create our beauty look at home:
- Ensure your skin is well hydrated and apply M.A.C Prep + Prime Essential Oils and Strobe Cream. This will create an illuminating base.
- Lightly apply M.A.C. Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation and Studio Finish Concealer under your eyes.
- Bronze your face using M.A.C Golden Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm to give a golden glow.
- Finally, for the perfect finish, highlight cheeks using Bamboo Cream Colour Base applied with Pearl Cream Colour Base.
- Blend Vintage Selection Pro Longwear Paint Pot buffed golden cream onto your eyelids and then apply the slightly darker Bamboo Cream Colour Base into the crease and outer corners of your eye.
- Using All that Glitters Eye Shadow, lightly press it on to your lids to finish.
- Condition lips before applying M.A.C. Up the Amp Lipstick mixed with White Lipmix creating a feminine pastel lavender.
- Apply your ghd root lift spray to towel dried hair and ghd heat protect spray through mid-lengths and ends.
- Create a centre in your parting using a ghd tail comb and, if applicable, pull your bangs forward.
- Blow dry your hair using ghd air professional hairdryer and a ghd natural bristle radial brush.
- Once your hair is completely dry, spritz mid-lengths and ends with your ghd curl hold spray.
- Divide your hair into 6 small sections and braid each section.
- Using your ghd platinum, slowly apply heat all over each braid from top to bottom.
- Once your hair has cooled, undo your braids, shaking them out to reveal your loosely tousled hair.
- Finally loosen your curls with a ghd oval dressing brush.
- Finish with a spray of ghd final fix hairspray.
Thanks for your beautiful work M.A.C & ghd. You're the best! x
Our lovely friend & ultimate street style babe, Natalie Cantell travels the world being snapped on some of the most famous fashion pavements.
Check out Natalie on her whirlwind fashion circuit trip rocking two of her favourite RUBY spring/summer 2015 looks...