WHITTAKER'S CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE
Makes 1 Rectangular Tart (10cm x 30cm)
- 60g Whittaker's 72% Dark Ghana chocolate, chopped
- 50g sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- Preheat the oven to 160 Degrees Celcius. Line the base of a long, loose-bottomed flan tin with baking paper and spray with canola oil.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks together in a mixer until pale, then add the cooled melted chocolate.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the chocolate mix with a metal spoon. Pour into the tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- When cool, press down so the base is nice and dense.
- 160g Whittaker's 72% Dark Ghana chocolate, chopped
- 80g butter
- 85ml cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, either on a low heat on the stove or in the microwave.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and pop it in the fridge until you're ready for it.
- Whip the egg yolks on high speed until they are pale, then whisk in the cooled chocolate and butter mixture by hand. Fold in the cream.
- Finally, with a clean bowl and whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and fold in last. Pour onto the cooled base and set overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- 150ml cream
- 150g Whittaker's 72% Dark Ghana chocolate, chopped
- Heat the cream until almost boiling, and then pour it over the chopped chocolate. Whisk together until smooth and glossy, then pour over the set mousse cake.
- Chill in the fridge until set, then remove from the tin and portion as required.